Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Beginning the Process

We completed our preliminary paperwork to begin the adoption process today. Filled out the basics, wrote the check, mailed it to the agency we'd researched.

T, my husband, perhaps is not entirely on board with adopting. I perhaps am not entirely on board with the next step in fertility treatment. The only thing about which we seem to be on board is creating, somehow, a family.

I am at a point where I am genuinely excited about the possibility of adoption. Scared, too, but filled with giddy anticipation. At the same time, I have not given up on conceiving a child. The steps it might -- probably will -- take to get there, though, now seem overly daunting. And I cannot say whether I can take them.

Where this road will take us remains to be seen, as do the twists and turns the road will take. Adoption? IVF? A life without children? But the journey has started.

No comments: